Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Energizing Morning Juice, Veggie Sandwich and Spicy B Linguini

First of all I want to say thanks to all of you that keep coming back to read what I have to say. I'm not sure what your journey looks like but I believe everyone would like to look and feel their best on the inside and out!


Za druzhbu myezhdu narodami! Cheers to all my Russian friends ( I hope that means something nice and I didn't pick anything offensive! lol ) I feel encouraged when I see where all the people are viewing from, love the web!


So I digress... I realise that to live a healthier life it takes a bit of work, I'm sure this doesn't surprise anyone, but once you get into the groove it just becomes a part of your life!
Let's take a look at today, recipes to follow:


 I started my day off juicing after I'd already fed my husband and I the progressive greens beforehand. I do this automatically in case I don't have time to juice so I know that we have some greens to get our day started.  Did I mention my husband doesn't question anything, he just drinks what I give him? He has confided in me that since I have started this journey he has in turn felt much better himself. That makes me happy. Fresh fruit and some steel cut oats or regular oatmeal for breakfast with some chia, hemp and flax seeds sprinkled on top keeps me feeling full for a long time, however today I had to run to an appointment and missed having it.
Anyway, a handful of almonds and an apple is always a part of my day now. It helps if you feel your blood sugar is dropping or you're wanting to reach for that bagel or whatever, so Yes it helps with cravings.
For lunch I made veggie sandwiches which my husband actually asks for on a regular basis! I used to add spicy Havarti cheese to mine and a roasted red pepper spread that had milk products in it. I make the same sandwiches just omitting those items for me.
For dinner I made a pasta, my husband loves pasta. His favourite is bolognese. 
Well I pulled a little switch with my ingredients to see how it would fare and it worked, one more meal from our usual that I am able to make vegan and the whole house loved it. The flavour and texture of regular ground beef was not missed- all in the spice my friends.
Water water water I didn't have enough today! I notice a difference when I don't drink enough. I need to remind myself somehow! When I'm at home I try to have some every time I pass through the kitchen but when you are out you forget unless you have a water bottle with you!


Overall it was a good day. I was going to work out in the morning but my day didn't start the way I had planned and I almost didn't do anything. Before I started dinner I had to force myself downstairs on the treadmill for half and hour and I'm glad I did. Rush fit work out in the morning- that I love and I do suggest doing this video with a friend so you can count the gruelling minutes down together:)




Energizing morning juice


1 lemon
1" fresh ginger
2 carrots
4 stalks celery
2 apples
4 large leaves of Kale ( stalk and all )


Juice all items together and separate into two glasses to share, drink immediately.


Veggie Sandwich


Dempsters 12 grain bread or whatever variation of bread you like.


Lettuce 
Tomato
Cucumber
Scallion onion
Roasted red peppers
JalapeƱos ( if you don't mind a little kick )
White bean and roasted red pepper spread ( use as butter, vegan )


Variation:
mustard ( instead of the white bean spread )
fresh alfalfa sprouts




Spicy B Linguini


1/2 spanish onion
2-3 large garlic cloves
pepper to taste
crushed red pepper flakes


Jarred organic tomato sauce
Italian vegan ground ( meat substitute )
Brown rice organic linguini noodles


Saute onion for 1-2 minutes add fresh chopped garlic, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.
Add Italian veggie ground and combine
Pour in tomato sauce bring everything up to boil then reduce down to med low while the noodles are cooking.


Serve immediately once cooked.


Tip: A friend of mine recommended I try Brewers yeast sprinkled on top of my pasta as a Parmesan cheese substitute. I tried it and it works great however in this case more is not better as I learned at dinner tonight so use sparingly.


Enjoy my friends!







No comments:

Post a Comment