Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Falling off the Veggie Wagon....End of Week SIX!

So where are we at now, ah right the end of week six! Well I can't believe how time flies that is for sure! I've been busy working in the garden and around the house and I think avoiding my blog because I felt a little lost and didn't want to sound like a whiner!
Anyway, as the weeks went on I had a day of lots of work in the yard and I felt like I really needed something other than what we were eating. We went out for dinner and I had a piece of salmon and some steamed veg, from there on the weekend I had 2 shrimp and a piece of smoked salmon and some cheese!!!  Mmm cheese. I have to say it all tasted great and I enjoyed it when I had it but I realized I really didn't need it! So from there I bought a few more books and have learned quite a bit. I've purchased things I have no idea what to do with but am finding my way. I know that six full weeks into this journey and I really do feel so much better. My body shape is changing, my skin is clear and my taste buds are enjoying the new things I've tried.
Lucky for me we have a wonderful Vegan restaurant and bakery in town. When I'm not sure what I feel like I head on over and order from Kind Foods. They are very supportive and helpful with their advice. Who would of thought that I would love Collard Greens! Anyway you should check out Kelly's website it is filled with lots of great information!

I purchased a veggie spiraler today to make salads a little more interesting and I look forward to spiralling something to use as a noodle for pasta. Someone said zucchini, I really don't like that vegetable so I'll try it first and see...

I did want to mention that the whole going out for dinner thing has worked itself out. It's wonderful to know that if you just call ahead and speak to the restaurant you are going to chances are they are happy to come up with something for you. Our one favourite in town is The Carriage House  they make an Amazing vegan currie for me. The chef's name is Gracious he is from India and each time we've had it it has been so delicious! Our other favourite is Cucci in Bronte, the pasta they make and the arugula salad, both fantastic!

So all in all thing are going well, I had my cheat days and got over the guilt and I try to remember one day at a time and not be so hard on myself! I am going for blood work to check out my iron and B12 levels to make sure everything is cool and I shall carry on:)
Thanks for reading!
Yours in good health,
Candice

2 comments:

  1. I think its absolutely wonderful how far you've come! you inspire me everyday!!
    have you tried the veggie spiraler yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the veggie spiraler. Try raw sweet potatoes. Place on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt and bake until crispy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete