Search This Blog

Monday 30 April 2012

End of Week Two..

So, two weeks into this lifestyle change and I'm happy that I've done it. My clothes feel better each day, no stomach aches- except for last night going out for dinner the asian sauce I should have ordered on the side. Eating clean changes the way your taste buds operate let me tell you. The need to add sauces and dips etc doesn't seem as appealing these days. The one thing I am struggling with a bit is cheese! Yep, I kind of miss it! I won't go into detail and ruin it for my friends that love it as to why I shouldn't eat it. ( I've been warned already not to do that).
Another great weekend and on Saturday I thought I was going to get a veggie burger from Licks as a little treat. My husband was craving pizza and I thought sure, loaded with veggies and no cheese I'll be great....
For some reason I ordered a gluten free crust, I feel bad for those that are gluten intolerant and want pizza, it was like chewing on sawdust I could barely get it down!
I guess not having any cheese didn't help either. I decided to cut a fresh baguette in half, use my vegan friendly butter, garlic and Daiya cheese to make a garlic bread. I then scraped all the toppings from the pizza over the bread in hopes to save it. It turned my stomach to say the least, no pizza for me.
So I guess if I'm not going to have the real thing why bother at all? They say it takes 21 days to change your taste buds, I think I'll just leave the memory of cheese as I have it instead of trying to change it. Only time will tell.

4 comments:

  1. Did I mention I've lost 8 pounds? It's a nice feeling knowing at the end of the weekend I didn't put weight back on for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried renit free cheese Candice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candice try brewers yeast mixed with a bit of tahini for a pizza spread. It's so good you won't miss cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Michelle, I'm going to whole foods tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete